First Sensor develops and manufactures a wide range of products for optical and opto-electronic sensor systems in varying lot sizes.
Avalanche and PIN photodiodes, detector arrays and position-sensitive detectors optimize sensors for ionizing radiation, UV, visible and IR light for high-volume applications as well as sophisticated special measurements. With its wide range of LED and laser emitters, First Sensor also provides the ideal light source for your application.
The technology, experience and capacity of First Sensor enable the development and manufacture of tailored sensors for your individual measuring requirements.
Fabrication options: Chip
We can optimize our front end processes to fit your sensor application:
- Chip geometry – to suit your application
- Responsivity – optimized for your operating wavelength
- Rise time – to meet your bandwidth requirements
- Capacitance – to reduce noise
- Dark current – to improve dynamic range
- Anti reflective coating – to reduce optical losses
- Filter on chip – to reduce ambient light effects
Fabrication options: Component
To adapt sensors to your specific conditions and applications, we employ the following fabrication methods:
- Filter on package– to reduce ambient light effects
- Optical components – to include optical functions, scintillators, etc.
- Light sources – include LEDs or laser dies to miniaturize your assembly
- Packaging – to optimize cost and performance
- Integration – electronics for amplification and signal processing
First Sensor product solutions are individually configurable. Gain an insight into our modular product range. Contact us to find the ideal solution for your application.